An East-Central Iowa woman was killed in a car accident in Iowa County Monday morning. 58-year old Jessie Carmichael of rural Brooklyn was southbound on “M” Avenue when her vehicle was struck head on by a vehicle driven by Brent Svendby. The 26-year old Svendby apparently lost control of his vehicle due to icy conditions and crossed the center line. Carmichael’s vehicle was then struck in the rear by another vehicle attempting to avoid the collision. Carmichael was pronounced dead at the scene. Svendby and his passenger, Hillary Svendby, were transported to University Hospitals in Iowa City. The driver of the third car was not injured. Carmichael had been employed by the Williamsburg School District for the past 13 years where she worked in the media center of the junior and senior high schools.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!