The Iowa Hawkeyes are on the road against 20th ranked Wisconsin tonight in the Big Ten. The Hawkeyes are 3-5 in the league race after a loss at home to Michigan State, their first game without leading scorer Pierre Pierce. Coach Steve Alford says while the Hawks have their backs to the wall there is plenty of fight left in them. He says just because something bad happens, you can’t lay down, he says you have to fight and he believes this team has the fight to get some more wins.They have a difficult chore this evening against a Badger team that has won 37 of its last 38 games at the Kohl Center. Alford says the Badgers don’t practice in the center a lot, as they have their own practice facility. But, he says they still play well there and says it’s a “very nice environment” for them to play in. Wisconsin coach Bo Ryan says the Hawkeyes will adjust to the loss of Pierce. Ryan says coaches have had to deal with this type of thing since 1891 when guys wouldn’t be on the court. He says he doesn’t see any drop off in the team’s attitude and the way they work. Iowa is 15-6 overall.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk