The Iowa Hawkeyes unraveled down the stretch in a 65-60 loss at 20th ranked Wisconsin last night. It was a game the Hawkeyes should have won. Leading 52-39 with just under 13-minutes remaining, Iowa was in control. What followed, though, was a streak in which the Hawks missed 11 of their next 12 shots from the field, many of which were ill-advised three point attempts. Eight minutes later the Badgers had come back to take a 56-54 lead. Wisconsin put the game away at the foul line as the Hawkeyes fall to 3-6 in the Big Ten. Greg Brunner had 27-points to lead Iowa. Jeff Horner had 19-points, added four assists and played the entire game. The Hawkeyes are at home against Northwestern Saturday night.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa