Authorities have now released the name of the eastern Iowa school official who’s facing drunk driving charges. Marion school district superintendent Nicholas Hobbs is charged with OWI. The 51-year-old allegedly registered a .21 blood alcohol leve during a breath test when police officers stopped him Saturday night in Linn County following an accident. That’s more than two-and-a-half times the legal limit. Hobbs has been superintendent nearly two years.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Just back from the border, Nunn talks with Iowans about stopping opioids
- Wife of murdered Iowa prison guard calls for expanding union rights
- Bill tightens Iowa’s ban on foreign ownership of farmland
- House sends governor repeal of Iowa’s gender balance rule for boards, commissions
- Humboldt Middle School teacher charged with sexual exploitation of a student