The UNI Panthers will be looking for their 20th victory of the season on Wednesday when they visit Missouri Valley Conference leader Southern Illinois. The Panthers improved to 19-8 on Saturday with an 86-75 victory over Western Michigan on Saturday as part of the “Bracket Busters”. Coach Greg McDermott says it’s been awhile since they’ve played that consistent through 40 minutes. He says they played good defense in the second half and were consistent on offense. Ben Jacobsen had a big day with 29-points. McDermott says Jacobsen “loves to play when the lights are on.” He says the team did a good job of getting clear outs for Jacobsen, and he says when Jacobsen gets hot, sometimes you just have to get out of the way and let him go.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk