A top Hollywood actor will portray an Iowa native in his next film. Variety reports actor Ben Affleck will play the role of George Reeves in an upcoming movie called “Truth, Justice and the American Way.” The title refers to the motto of the D.C. comic character Superman, who Reeves portrayed in the 1950s. The movie will focus on the circumstances surrounding Reeves’ death in 1959. Reeves was born in the Wright County town of Woolstock in 1914 and moved with his mother to California shortly after his birth. He appeared in numerous films in addition to his best-known role as the Man of Steel.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- State removes thousands from Medicaid eligibility in post-COVID cleanup
- Sioux City man charged in death of Nebraska priest
- Sheriff releases update on search for missing western Iowa trucker
- Senate GOP aims to eliminate state income tax
- With deer season underway, Iowa hunters are urged to secure their shotguns