The semifinal round is underway at the state high school wrestling tournament. Waverly-Shell Rock will have four wrerstlers bid for state titles as the Go-Hawks total 100 points after the semifinal round. That includes freshman 103 pounder Mark Ballweg who pinned Johnston’s Josh South. One of the most exciting finishes was at 135 pounds where Iowa City High’s Zach McKray scored a reversal on Mitch Mueller from Iowa City West in the waning seconds for a 2-1 victory, avenging a loss in last years 130 pound title match. Linn-Mar 171 pounder Jay Borschel will bid for a fourth state title. He pinned Chris Dunkin of Knoxville today. Earlier, it was the quartertfinal round in class 1A. Logan Magnolia advanced three into the semifinals, Patrick Mackey at 119, Klint Kerstern at 140 and heavyweight Reid Muxfeldt to lead the team chase with 44 and a half points. Don Bosco is second.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!