Iowa basketball coach Steve Alford says he is not ready to call the current season “disapointing”. The Hawkeyes are 5-9 in the Big Ten after Saturday’s victory at Penn State, just their second win since leading scorer Pierre Pierce was kicked off the squad. They close out the regular season this week with a home game against Ohio State and a visit to Michigan. Despite the poor Big Ten record Alford says with a 17-10 overall mark he has not abandoned all hope that the Hawkeyes could squeeze into the NCAA Tournament field.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Senate backs ‘American Cream’ breed as Iowa’s official state horse
- Iowans are living longer, creating concern about paying for retirement
- State universities dealing with delays in FAFSA information being released
- Meteorologist says Iowa countryside is ‘extremely combustible’
- Iowa’s Sandfort claims pair of weekly honors