Wartburg opens a bid for a third straight division three national wrestling title when the NCAA Tournament begins Friday at St. Olaf College in Minnesota. Several other Iowa Conference teams are looking to contend including Luther. The Norse qualified seven for the tournament and coach Dave Mitchell says a challenging schedule pays off this time of year. He says they go to the national duals and in the Iowa Conference they see all the best wrestlers. He says they really hone in on the division three competition in January and February.Luther finished third a year ago and Mitchell says moving up will be tough, but he says they just hope to give themselves a chance to push into the top three. Mitchell feels good about the chances of his wrestlers. He says most everyone has been there before, and they’ve set up the training schedule to have everyone peak at the same time. The tournament runs through Saturday.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall