The girls’ state basketball tournament is underway in Des Moines. In this morning’s opener in class 1A –seventh ranked Treynor shot 65-percent and downed Rockwale-Swaledale 63-48. Treynor coach Gail Hartigan on her team heading back to the semifinals. She says you always want to win the first one and then anything after that is “just gravy.”Rockwell-Swaledale coach Doug Sheriff says his team never gave up. He says he was proud that they made a third quarter run and cut the lead to single digits, but he says it was hard to match up with Treynor’s size. Sheriff says his team should be extremely proud of how well they represented the school.IKM and Charter Oak Ute advanced in class 1A. Third ranked I-K-M raced out to 22-10 after the first quarter on the way to a 71-48 win over Bellvue Marquette. Charter Oake downed Highland 54-52 on a shot with six seconds to go.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- New challenge to law banning books that describe sex acts from Iowa schools
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record