A soap-opera star arrested this morning (Monday) at the Des Moines airport will be prosecuted on drug charges. Jason Cook, who stars in the daytime television program “Days of Our Lives,” was about to get on a plane around 6 A.M. when Des Moines police Sergeant Tony Steverson says the cops were called in.Steverson says Cook was at the security checkpoint when a TSA agent spotted what looked like marijuana pipe in his luggage. The agent called in Des Moines police officers who were working at the airport. He says as officers started to investigate they noticed Cook showed signs of intoxication — watery, bloodshot eyes, argumentative behavior, a strong odor of alcohol on his breath, and trouble following simple instructions. They arrested him for public intoxication and later added a charge of possession of drug paraphernalia. Sergeant Steverson says the actor, who plays a rebel with a heart of gold on the daytime drama, apparently did not have drugs in his possession. Cook was in Iowa for the 31st annual Variety Club Telethon over the weekend, which ran from Saturday through 6 P.M. Sunday. Booked into the Polk County jail, Cook posted bond and was released, departing for California on a later flight.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- With deer season underway, Iowa hunters are urged to secure their shotguns
- Register’s ‘Iowa Poll’ shows Trump lead growing
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package