Semifinal round action is underway at the boys’ state basketball tournament in Des Moines. Thomas Davis hit consecutive three pointers to give top-ranked Iowa Mennonite an eight point lead enroute to a 58-47 win over Manning in a class 1A semifinal. Davis had missed his first seven attempts from behind the arc, but says he’s not afraid to take shots. Brian Fogelman had 25-points and 11-rebounbs for Manning, and says they came out and gave a good fight. Blake McGriff’s jumper in the lane with 14-seconds remaining proved to be the game winner as North Mahaska edged Cedar Falls N-U High 67-65 in the class 1A semifinals. McGriff says he had a smaller guy on him and they got him the ball and he just banked it in. With the victory North Mahaska advances to play top ranked IMS in Friday’s championship game. N-U High had a chance to send the game to overtime but Nick Iverson’s jumper from the free throw line bounced off the front of the rim just before time expired. N-U High coach Jon McKowen says it was a great look that was just a little short.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Taylor will not resign as county supervisor after wife’s voter fraud convictions
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G