The town of Orange City is the home of two state championship basketball teams. Unity Christian won the Class 2A boys basketball title on Friday night. Then, M-O-C/Floyd Valley captured the class 3A title at the boys tournament on Saturday. The M-O-C/Floyd Valley “Dutchmen” entered third-ranked and had to rally during overtime for an 80-to-77 victory over top-rated Crestwood, It was a game of end-to-end action and the teams combined for 51 turnovers, including 31 in the opening half. M-O-C trailed by 11 at the break, but their coach knew they could win because his team “has more heart.” Crestwood saw a 13 point second half lead evaporate as they finished as the runner-up for the second straight year. Cadet coach Lynn McCormick says his team needed to take better care of the basketball.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record