Six people have died in three Iowa plane crashes in the past two days. The latest incident happened in southeast Iowa. 68-year-old Helen Ball of Bloomfield was killed Monday morning when the plane her husband was piloting crashed at the Bloomfield Airport. 68-year-old Vern Ball was injured in the crash. The Balls were headed for Arkansas. Davis County authorities say the plane had just taken off when it turned around and headed back for the airport, though it’s unclear why. It crashed just short of the runway. Mr. Ball was airlifted to University Hospitals in Iowa City where his condition is not being released. Three people were killed in a plane crash Sunday afternoon in West Union and a few hours later, two men died in another private plane crash near Hills. All three deadly crashes are under investigation by the F-A-A.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal