Drake softball coach Rich Calvert is looking for some consistency during the stretch run of what has been a roller coaster season so far for his team. The Bulldogs came out of the gate quickly with an early eight-game winning streak then followed that up by losing eight straight games. They are 15-15 overall and 7-7 in the Missouri Valley Conference after taking two of three games from Indiana State. He says they started out real well and battled through some injuries and tough teams, and then got back on track. He says lately they haven’t been getting the big hit when they need it. Drake’s only loss over the weekend in the series against Indiana State was 1-0, a game in which they managed only two hits. Calvert says they’re starting to get back to where he thought they could be at the beginning of the year. The schedule is favorable down the stretch. The Bulldogs are in the midst of a 12-game home stand and will play 13 of their final 21 games at home. Drake is at home for a doubleheader against Missouri-Kansas City on Tuesday afternoon.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dubuque wins millions in federal money for flood protection system updgrade
- Iowa continues to see lack of dentists who will take Medicaid patients
- Contest to choose state’s best breaded pork tenderloin down to 5 establishments
- Cedar Rapids Schools closed after online threat
- Iowa’s DeJean and Jackson honored by B1G