A northwest Iowa man is accused of setting his parents’ house on fire over the weekend. The Buena Vista County Sheriff’s office says 20-year old Michael Garlock of Alta is charged with 1st degree arson. The B-V County communications center received a 9-1-1 call around 3:30 Sunday morning. Michael’s father, Ronald Garlock, reported his house was on fire. Alta firefighters were told everyone had gotten out of the home safely. Fire crews entered the burning house and were able to contain and extinguish the blaze. The interior of the home received smoke and fire damage. The B-V County arson investigator examined the scene and gathered information. His investigation determined the blaze was intentionally set. Michael Garlock was arrested on 2nd degree arson charges and taken into custody. The county attorney recommended the charge be enhanced to 1st degree arson. Garlock is jailed on 13-thousand dollars cash bond.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk