A drowning victim in Dubuque County has been Identified. 55-year-old Michael Boeckenstedt, of New Vienna, Iowa drowned while he was working for Brennon Marine Services near Mud Lake on Thursday when the boat he was in capsized. Two other men in the boat have been identified has 50-year-old Robert Cavey of Minnesota City, Minnesota and 61-year-old Leon Kern, of New Vienna, survived. Authorities believe that Cavey was driving the boat southbound towards a dredging operation when it was overcome by a wave and threw the men overboard. All three men were wearing life jackets.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal