The “help wanted” sign is out at one state agency — and it’s a long-term job but one with very high requirements. “Unquestionable integrity” — that’s what the press release specifies while inviting young Iowa men and women to sign up now for the fall public-safety academy. The agency’s already held open-house receptions in Waterloo and Des Moines for people looking at the job opportunity. Iowa’s Department of Public Safety contains the State Patrol, the Fire Marshall’s office, the Division of Criminal Investigation, the state Division of Narcotics Enforcement, and and casino gaming enforcement on Iowa’s riverboats. With the news this week that four new ones will be licensed, DPS director Gene Myers promptly announced they’ll have to hire at least 6 security officers for each one. The website id: www.dps.state.ia.us, and the application deadline for the next academy is the end of this month.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa