The Iowa Games has lowered the entry fee for team sports for the upcoming summer festival in Ames. Executive Director Jim Hallihan says the move is possible because of the success of other events the Iowa Games are a part of, like Lighten Up Iowa. He says that allowed more sponsors to get involved. Hallihan says they want to remain competetive against an ever-growing list of summer tournaments. He says for every youth coach that has an official, they’re supplying them with a Character Counts manual, something he says cost nearly 23 dollars.The summer games will be held over two weekends. July 14th through the 17th and the 22nd through the 24th in Ames.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall