Senator Tom Harkin is inviting Iowans to call his Washington, D-C office tonight (Monday) to vent their frustrations on any issue. Harkin’s stunt is his response to Republican Senate leaders who intend to keep Senators at work all night. It’s part of the show-down over how the Senate should vote on the people President Bush has nominated to serve as federal judges. “My message to Iowans is that you know, while Republicans are threatening to blow up the Senate and stack the court with radical judges and stay up all night to talk about it…what about the things that Iowans are worried about, like health care and education and rising gas prices?” Harkin asks. Harkin is keeping his office open, and plans to help answer the phones at least part of the evening. His office number is 202-224-3254.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk