The Wartburg baseball team will play in the division-three World Series beginning Friday when the Knights take on Chapman of California in an opening round game on Friday in Appleton, Wisconsin. The Knights advanced by rolling through a regional in Bloomington, Illinois by posting a 4-0 record. The beat Edgewood College 11-3 on Sunday to clinch the region championship. Wartburg coach Joel Holst says they put all three phases of the game together with great pitching, good defense and the got some great hits as their pitching wound down a little. Holst’s team has been on a roll since losing the opening game of the Iowa Conference Tournament — winning eight games in a row. He says they’re definitely playing at their best with confidence and he hopes they can carry that attitude through as the head to Appleton, Wisconsin This will be Wartburg’s first trip to the World Series since 2000.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal