Davenport police say a suspected stalker is dead of gunshot wounds after a confrontation with police last night. A woman reportedly called 9-1-1 from her cell phone in traffic to say an ex-boyfriend was following her S-U-V, ramming it with his car and that she feared for her life. Police Chief Mike Bladel says the episode concluded in a movie theater parking lot. Bladel says officers caught up with the female who made the call and the suspect, adding, the altercation and chase “escalated into an issue where there has been a death.” Reports say the officer fatally shot the suspect but Bladel would not confirm that. One officer was injured but his condition is not thought to be life-threatening. Since the Davenport police were directly involved in the shooting, the Scott County Sheriff’s Department and the state Division of Criminal Investigation will handle the case. No names have been released.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall