The post-season was short but it was a season of progress for the Iowa baseball team. The Hawkeyes were knocked out of the Big Ten Tournament in Champaign on Thursday after an 8-6 loss to Michigan but it was just the programs second appearance in the conference tournament since 1990 and in his second season at the helm Jack Dahm led the Hawks to a third place finish in the regular season race.Dahm says the excitement around the team shows what they can do. But, he says it’s not easy. He says the perception of the team has changes. He says while strides were made this season it is only a start. He says he’s talked to the players about how when you have a little success, it gets harder to continue to build up a program.Iowa finished the season 28-29 overall.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa