Iowa State basketball coach Wayne Morgan has hired Michael Mennenga to be a member of his Cyclone staff. Mennenga has spent the past five seasons as an assistant at the University of Buffalo and helped lead the team to a school-record 23 wins last season and an appearance in the NIT. He says the Iowa State job is a great opportunity. He says Morgan is a tremendous coach and a wonderful person with a great amount of experience. Mennenga says he will learn a lot by working on Morgan’s staff. Mennenga says he first met Morgan on the recruiting trail, as he covered the east coast prep schools and they always seemed to cross paths and developed a relationship. Mennenga has also served as an assistant coach at Maine and played college basketball at Morehead State. He says he was a guy that “was born with a basketball in his crib” and he says he looks forward to “living, drinking, eating and dreaming Cyclone basketball.” He replaces Daryl Sharp, who resigned from the Cyclone staff last week.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk