Authorities in Carrol County say a Monday crash with a Union Pacific train killed the driver of a farm tractor. When sheriff’s deputies arrived at the rural intersection, they found a westbound train partly blocking the railroad crossing, on the south tracks. At the same time an eastbound train had come to rest on the north tracks, completely blocking the intersection. Sheriff’s deputies then discovered a farm tractor lying in the ditch along the northeast corner of the tracks. The driver of the tractor, 17-year-old John Behrens of Carroll, was taken to a local hospital and then airlifted to a Des Moines hospital, where he later died from his injuries. They’re still investigating the cause of the accident.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime