Authorities in Harrison County had their hands full for a while Monday, after a semi carrying a load of hogs overturned on Highway 30 near the town of Missouri Valley. Investigators say the driver of the semi, 34-year-old Terry Jack of Minnesota, had apparently reached over to pick up something inside his cab when he lost control and hit a bridge railing. The impact caused the truck to go into the ditch, where the semi trailer rolled over onto its side. The cab came to rest on its top. Jack was airlifted to an Omaha hospital. The semi was carrying about 190 hogs and about 80 of them died in the crash or had to be euthanized because of their injuries.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk