A three-time Olympic gold medalist in swimming will host a clinuic in Des Moines this summer. Josh Davis will be at the Walnut Creek YMCA in Des Moines on August 27th. Sara Roberts, the YMCA’s aquatic director, says this is one of several stops Davis is making across the country in an effort to promote the sport. “Josh Davis is a big advocate of swimming. He’s become a huge advocate…sharing his tips and dreams and how he got to become an Olympic swimmer,” she says.The clinic will be held Saturday, August 27 from nine in the morning ’til one in the afternoon. Davis will demonstrate swimming strokes, lead kids on drills, and lead a dry-land work-out, too. The seminar costs $50 for YMCA members and $60 for non-members. Call 515-224-1888 for more information.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting