Budding writers will get a chance to have their work critiqued next week by an award-winning professional. Shirley Long is organizing the writing workshop in Denison.”It is designed to help movie lovers and professional writers in Iowa meet with a professional, working Hollywood writer and really learn how to do a professional scrip and also to get their work critqued and analyzed by a professional Hollywood writer,” says Long. Long says the workshop helps writers take their work to the next level. She says it’s one thing to write a screenplay, but she says if you really want to make a career of it, you want to know what makes a script marketable and understand the building blocks of a good script. Writer Jim Henerson will conduct the workshop. Henerson has received an Emmy nomination for writing “Attica” that starred Morgan Freeman. For “The Fire Next Time” he received the Writers Guild of America Award for best adapted screenplay. The workshop is June 17 and 18th. For more information, contact Long at 515-491-1257. The workshop is sponsored by the Iowa Scriptwriters Alliance, the Iowa Motion Picture Association, the Screenwriters Boot Camp, and the Donna Reed Foundation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal