A fishing trip by a group of boys in northeast Iowa turned into an assault case. An Oelwein man was arrested by Bremer County authorities for allegedly having inappropriate contact with a minor. The Bremer County Sheriff’s office says the got a report July 7th that a group of boys age 12 to 14 say they were approached by a man at a park north of Sumner while they were fishing. Following an investigation 34-year-old Mark Schmidt was arrested Sunday and charged with one count of indecent contact with a child. Schmidt’s being held on a 65-hundred dollar bond.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- With deer season underway, Iowa hunters are urged to secure their shotguns
- Register’s ‘Iowa Poll’ shows Trump lead growing
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package