Iowa State University police have released more details on the dead man found Tuesday in a creek near the campustown area of the school in Ames. Police have identified the man as 27-year-old Jacob Hobson, who’s listed as a senior from Eldora in the I-S-U student directory. Police say a preliminary autopsy by the Assistant State Medical Examiner shows Hobson died as a result of drowning and a blow to the head. They say they’ve found no indication of any foul play — and it appears at this time that the death was the result of an accidental fall. Police say they’re awaiting a final determination on the of the cause and manner of death until they get back results of all medical tests conducted on the body.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal