The Iowa Department of Natural Resources has released the identity of the victim of a fatal hit-and-run boating accident this morning on West Okoboji Lake. Radio Iowa’s The D-N-R says 51-year-old Michael Joseph Brosnahan of Perry died after the boat he was riding on was struck from behind by a second boat. The second boat went over the top of the boat Brosnahan and his wife were on. His 50-year-old wife, Jill, was taken to a hospital in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The D-N-R did not release her condition. The D-N-R and Dickinson County Sheriff’s Department are looking for a predominately white boat with two red stripes approximately six to eight inches wide and one foot apart. The boat is believed to be an inboard/outboard approximately 22 feet long. The D-N-R says Brosnahan’s brother, 40-year-old William Brosnahan, was operating the boat that was struck. His wife, 43-year-old Elizabeth, was on the boat as was the boat’s owner and his wife, who’re from Dakota Dunes, South Dakota. None of the other passengers were injured. The D-N-R is asking anyone with information on the accident to call the D-N-R or the Dickinson County Sheriff’s Department.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Tonight is final GOP debate before 2024 Iowa Caucuses
- Dreaming of a white Christmas? New Iowa map shows your chances
- Appeal denied for man convicted of murder outside Pisgah bar
- More people call for Woodbury County Supervisor to resign
- Congressman Feenstra says soaring national debt continues to be a concern