The widow of a Whittemore farmer who was killed when his pickup collided with a school bus last spring has filed suit against the bus driver and the Algona Community School District. Kossuth County court documents indicate Lavonne Henry, the wife of John Henry, has filed a wrongful death lawsuit alleging several counts of negligence. Attorney Eldon Winkel of Algona says the suit seeks damages to personal property, medical expenses, loss of earnings, pain, suffering, damages for various matters and premature burial expenses. The accident took place back on May 24th west of Algona on a county highway. The school bus driver was Harvey Steven of Algona who was terminated by the Algona school board at their August meeting. No comment on the matter from Algona school superintendent Dr. Harold Prior.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!