The Drake Bulldogs will look to build on a two-game winning streak when they visit Davidson this weekend. The Bulldogs were to have played at Davidson back in 2001 but the game was canceled following the nine-11 attacks. Coach Rob Ash says they’re a well-coached team that’s very sound and very complex.One of the key matchups will be Drake’s running game led by Scott Phaydavong against a Davidson defense that is geared to stop the run. He says they put a lot of people up in the box and try to outnumber you. He says they have to find a way to find some daylight for Phaydavong as he says they can’t just throw the ball 40 or 50 times. A road game like this offers special challenges because of the long plane flight to North Carolina. Ash says the Bulldogs are experienced at taking trips to one coast or the other and Ash says they should be able to handle it. He says a lot of it happens before the game as they all work to get everything done beforehand. Ash says the veterans will show the young guys how to prepare. The Bulldogs are 2-2 overall.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Treehouse Village attraction to open soon at Iowa Arboretum
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer