A judge has raised the bond for the man jailed after allegedly kidnapping a nine-year-old Ottumwa girl October 7th, prompting an Amber Alert. A Wapello County District Court judge raised the bond for 29-year-old Brendan Stanley to half a million dollars. The judge handed down that ruled Monday evening. During a hearing held earlier in the day, an Iowa Department of Corrections probation and parole officer told the judge Stanley is a risk to public safety, and might try to leave the country to avoid prosecution. If Stanley does come up with the bond money and gets out of jail before his trial, the judge says he must surrender his passport and wear an electronic device so his movements can be monitored. Witnesses say nine-year-old Gloria Bonilla Lopez of Ottumwa was waiting at a bus stop on Friday morning, October 7th, when Stanley pulled up in his car and offered her a ride to school. She never made it to school, and an Amber Alert was issued. At about three o’clock that afternoon, cops found Stanley and Lopez in a wooded area near Douds, about 25 miles southeast of Ottumwa.
You are here: / / Judge raises bond for alleged Ottumwa kidnapper