Governor Tom Vilsack traveled to Denison Friday to be part of the ribbon-cutting for the A-MAIZ-ing Energy Ethanol Plant. He told the crowd it’s more than a single business, and more than just corn. He says it’ll produce jobs in the facility, but will also help support all the small businesses and local merchants that are a part of the Denison community and Crawford County. Governor Vilsack praised the Iowa Values Fund for helping grow Iowa’s renewable-fuel industry. Vilsack says creating a way for the state to partner with investors and companies, they’d be successful. He says the Values Fund today is responsible for almost 300 businesses, including many ethanol production plants. He says the state hopes to see more than 20-thousand above-average-paying jobs created or retained thanks to the investment, as well as construction jobs and businesses that spin off from the original ones.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!