A hunt is underway for two inmates who escaped Monday evening from the state prison in Fort Madison. Officials at the prison say they don’t know how 34-year-old Martin Shane Moon (left) and 27-year-old Robert Joseph Legendre (right) escaped. Moon is serving a life sentence for first-degree murder from Clarke County, while Legendre was sent to Iowa from Nevada to serve a life sentence for kidnapping, a weapons offense and attempted homicide. Moon is described as being white, six feet tall and weighs 185 pounds. Legendre is white, five-feet-11-inches tall and weighs 178 pounds. Fort Madison Police say a car was stolen in Fort Madison about the same time as the escape, and the two inmates may be driving the care. It’s a gold 1995 Pontiac Bonneville, with an Iowa license plate 7-7-6-N-O-W. Fort Madison Police , Lee County Sheriff’s Office and law enforcement agencies in Illinois and Missouri continue the search for these two subjects. Police say the men should be considered dangerous. If a member of the general public should encounter the men they should call 9-1-1 immediately. Anyone with information regarding the location of the two escapees should contact the Fort Madison Police Department at 319-372-2525.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature