A western Iowa family had a close call with a deadly gas Friday, as rescue crews were called to the home of Dwight and Lois Moser in Mapleton. By the time emergency response crews arrived on the scene, the house had already been vacated. Local gas company officials used carbon monoxide detectors throughout the house with high levels of carbon monoxide being detected throughout the home. A preliminary investigation revealed that a faulty switch for the damper on the furnace was likely responsible for releasing the carbon monoxide back into the home. Nine family members were transported to horn memorial hospital in Ida Grove by ambulance where they were checked out by medical personnel and then released.
You are here: / / Family of nine hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning