A 17-year-old Kentucky teen is recovering from a snowmobile accident that happened early this week in northwest Iowa. State officials say on Monday afternoon, 17-year-old Courtney Kassel of Louisville, Kentucky was riding on the back of a snowmobile that was being driven by her 15-year-old brother. The snowmobile tipped over. The teen hit her head on the ice covering Five Island Lake in Palo Alto County. She was taken to the hospital in Emmetsburg. The state conservation officer who investigated the accident says the snowmobile began sliding on the ice. When the girl’s brother tried to turn, the pair lost their balance on the snowmobile and it tipped over. Luckily, they weren’t going very fast when it happened, the officer says.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!
- Audit shows thousands in questionable spending at Webster Co. Health Dep’t
- House bill bolsters Iowa’s open meetings, open records law