A southeast Iowa man is in jail, charged this (Friday) morning in connection with a bar fight. Cops were called to Vinnie’s Bar in Fort Madison on Thanksgiving Day to break up a fight. They sent most everybody home. The next day, 41-year-old Charles Boyle, Junior — who had been in the bar that night — was found unconscious in his bed. Boyle stayed in a coma until he died December 12th. An autopsy found he died because his brain had swelled due to a “severe” blow to the skull. Investigators say during the bar fight, 47-year-old Brian Keith Davis of Fort Madison hit Doyle over the head with a bar stool. Davis has now been charged with involuntary manslaughter. Davis faces up to five years in prison if convicted.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dubuque wins millions in federal money for flood protection system updgrade
- Iowa continues to see lack of dentists who will take Medicaid patients
- Contest to choose state’s best breaded pork tenderloin down to 5 establishments
- Cedar Rapids Schools closed after online threat
- Iowa’s DeJean and Jackson honored by B1G