A northwest Iowa woman is dead after a car-semi collision near Sanborn. The O’Brien County Sheriff’s Office says 24-year old Samantha Strait of Hartley was killed when her car struck the rear tires and axle of a semi trailer. Strait was pronounced dead at the scene. The semi driver, 55-year old Kevin Groen of Hartley, wasn’t hurt. Deputies says Strait’s eastbound car crossed the centerline and collided with the westbound semi tractor trailer. The accident happened around 5:30 Tuesday morning a half mile east of the junction of Highways 18 and 59.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill