Law officers from northwest Iowa were called to help subdue a dangerous criminal. A man accused of robbing a Sioux Falls, South Dakota, grocery store was arrested last night in North Sioux City, South Dakota, after a four-hour armed standoff. 24-year-old Eric Hogie was taken into custody after 6 P.M. He’d barricaded himself in a Super Eight motel with a semiautomatic handgun. The motel and nearby businesses were evacuated. Police surrounded the motel and called in police negotiators from Sioux City.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature