A Mapleton teenager is in critical condition after being accidentally shot last night (Wednesday) outside a friend’s house. Police found 17-year-old Alex Parker unconscious with a gunshot wound to the back of the head. Parker was helicoptered to a Sioux City where he’s undergoing treatment. Police say Parker, his brother and two other young men, had been target-shooting near Anthon and had just returned to Mapleton. They stopped at the home of one of Parker’s friends, Andy Ray, who reportedly tried to take the gun out of the car and it went off.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime