An Ayrshire man was airlifted Monday to Iowa City after an explosion at his home. Deputy State Fire Marshall Dave Schipper says Keith Cogdill suffered burns in the fire, which was reported about 11:30 Monday night.
Officials think gas from a leaking propane line in his laundry room ignited and blew out the south wall of his hosue when the man started his dryer to do laundry.
Smoke and damage estimates could reach as high as $50,000. Cogdill was taken to the Palo Alto County Hospital, then airlifted to University Hospitals. No condition report is available.