A Marcus man died yesterday afternoon after a collision between a motorcycle and a car west of Cleghorn. Fifty-one-year-old Lyle Poppens was on his motorcycle heading west on Highway 3 when it was hit by a car. Cherokee County authorities say 86-year old Clarence Rohlfsen of Granville was driving south on a county road, continued through the intersection, and hit the motorcycle. The Cherokee County coroner pronounced Poppens dead at the scene.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A sure sign spring is coming: The Home + Garden Show opens today
- Iowa farmer calls on Congress to pass ‘climate-smart’ Farm Bill
- Public weighs in on AEA changes during hearing at Iowa Capitol
- Author of memoir about being a foster care parent to speak in Iowa tonight
- Teen dies in Howard County farm accident