Fire officials say a Clear Lake woman’s death in a mobile home fire Monday night was accidental. Clear Lake Fire Chief Doug Meyers says the fire that claimed the life of 39-year-old Keely Boss was started because of improperly discarded smoking materials that ignited a sofa in the living room area of her mobile home at 2400 South Shore Drive Lot #33.
An autopsy conducted Tuesday morning at Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa showed that Boss died from smoke inhalation from the fire. The mobile home sustained extensive heat and smoke damage as a result of the fire. Boss’ husband Dale was at work at the time of the fire.