A family of six is homeless after a weekend fire in eastern Iowa. The fire was reported early Sunday morning at an old farmhouse near Troy Mills in Linn County. Several fire departments spent over three hours dousing the flames which destroyed the home. Investigators believe an electrical problem sparked the fire.
No one was in the home at the time of the fire, but two adults and four children lived there. The American Red Cross’ Grant Wood Area Chapter is providing the family with temporary lodging.