Someone may have been doing more than getting some Z’s at a Davenport motel. A blaze in a guest room at the Motel 6 may have been caused by a meth lab.

The fire was reported about 3:30 Sunday afternoon. It was minor, but the room received smoke and water damage. Police and fire investigators are looking for the person who rented the room as a possible suspect, and the investigation is continuing.

In February of 2006, a fire that started in a meth lab on the eighth floor of the historic Blackhawk Hotel in downtown Davenport caused considerable damage to that building.

By Phil Roberts, Davenport