A smoky fire interrupted breakfast today at a Washington restaurant. A waitress at Frontier Restaurant in Washington called the fire department around eight this morning because she smelled gas and saw smoke in the building’s basement.

Liz Goodwin says firefighters told everyone to leave the restaurant while they invested the cause of the report. Washington resident John Coakley was eating in the restaurant with his wife when he was told by firemen to leave. The couple decided to take a few items from the restaurant, and finished their breakfast in the parking lot while Washington’s volunteer fire department investigated.

There was little damage, but a lot of smoke from the fire. The smoked was cleared out of the building and no injuries were reported.

By Chance Dorland, KCII, Washington