Authorities say a Starmont High School student is facing a felony charge after a bomb threat last week. The Fayette County Sheriff’s Office says 16-year old Megghan Recker of Stanley was charged Monday with False Reports.
Starmont schools were evacuated last Tuesday after note revealing a bomb threat was found in a restroom at the high school. Authorities were called in to investigate and search the school grounds, but an explosive device was never found.
Recker, who is a junior at Starmont, has been referred to juvenile court services and will make an appearance at a later date. She has been released to her parents until then. The case remains under investigation, and the sheriff’s office says more students could be charged.
By Janelle Tucker, KMCH, Manchester