A Davenport man who was being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning has died. Fifty-nine-year old John T. Christiansen died Sunday at a Bettendorf hospice. He and his wife, Donna, had been taken on November 22nd to University Hospital in Iowa City after one of their three sons found them unresponsive in their northwest Davenport home.
No information is available on Donna Christiansen’s condition. According to a preliminary investigation by the fire department, the couple were exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide because of an improperly installed vent cap on the roof of their house. John Christiansen retired recently from the Rock Island Arsenal.
Donna Christiansen is a longtime employee of the Davenport Public Library.
By Phil Roberts, Davenport